Mid-level Interior Designer
HOLA Projects is looking for a talented mid-level interior designer to join its busy practice in Hong Kong, China.
About HOLA Projects
Hola Projects is an award-winning multidisciplinary interior design practice focusing on corporate, retail, hospitality and residential projects.
With offices in Hong Kong and Melbourne we work with clients across Asia and in the US. The small but unified offices support each other through culturally diverse team and people with broad experience and skills.
We attract the Clients who appreciate uniquely tailored space and that allow us to guide them to unexpected solutions. With commissions spanning the globe, we are now active in Hong Kong, Seoul, New York, Jakarta and Melbourne.
We are seeking a talented interior designer to join our design studio in Hong Kong. You will be working with clients that range from finance to hospitality, with no project ever being the same.
The successful candidate will be both an independent problem solver, as well as a proven team player when it comes to getting the job done. We’re looking for an individual who takes detail and innovation seriously, and is interested in taking on challenging and rewarding projects without geographic boundaries.
- Developing initial ideas and acquiring key information about potential projects, discussing requirements in detail with clients and setting project schedules
- Understanding clients’ needs, developing design concepts in consultation with the client and establishing final briefs
- Working with a range of consultants to find solutions
- Researching and gathering information and photographs relating to the project
- Conducting feasibility studies for projects
- Preparing detailed working drawings, designs, plans, models and schemes, using computer-aided design – CAD- software
- Collaborative work at the design stage and on site
- Producing sample or mood boards for presentation to clients
- Sourcing products, e.g. furniture, lighting, finishes, decoration, and providing samples for clients
- Degree holder or above in interior design or related majors from a recognized international school
- Minimum five-year experience in interior design, design documentation and detailing. Candidates with shorter experience will not be considered
- Good knowledge of full set drawings including tender, construction and detail
- High attention to detail
- Well-organised and reliable
- Good time-management and project prioritization skills
- Able to plan, design, produce details & working drawings
- Good command of English essential, Cantonese and/or Mandarin is a plus
- High level proficiency of AutoCAD essential,
- Good command of Adobe Suite and Sketch Up 3D
- Free hand sketches will be considered a definite advantage
- Self-motivated, hard-working and willingness to work to achieve deadlines
Based on experience, negotiable
Please email your application package including a CV and portfolio, all in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.